Centrifugal Pumps : Operation and Maintenance (5/5/ 2021)
About CourseHRDF Claimable MCO Promotion Please contact our representative for Discount Code RM 20 . Click Fast Response below. Date: 5 May 2021 | 9.00 am – 5.00 pm Seat: 25 seats Language: Dual-language (English & Bahasa Malaysia) Please click the Complete Session button on top of every topic to proceed with a new topic.
The course is designed to provide a detailed explanation of how a centrifugal pump is constructed and operated to achieve maximum reliability. Selecting the right pump for a specific application and identification of problems
associated with pump operation are determined through the use of pump curves and hydraulic calculations.
It is important to understand what a pump is and how it works in order to solve problems. This program will explain the basics so that you will be adequately prepared to understand certain design considerations, including sizing. In addition, this course provides the inside information on why and how centrifugal pumps are designed.
Modul 1. Introduction
Modul 2. Centrifugal Pump Principle.
- Pump Head
- Pump rating
Modul 3. Centrifugal Pump characteristic.
- Pump Cavitation
- NPSH – Net positive suction head
- Pump Performance curves
Modul 4. Centrifugal pump selection.
- System Resistance
- Major & Minor Losses
- Open & Closed Systems
- Hydraulic Calculation
Modul 5. Maintenance & Troubleshooting
What Will I Learn?
- Understand how a centrifugal pump works
- Understand the term "head" and how to calculate total system head
- Be able to identify various pump types and components
- Understand pump curves and generate a pump curve from data collected at the pump
- Understand the hydraulic loads created by a pump
- NPSH calculations and the effect suction conditions have on pump performance