Chiller System – Applications and Maintenance (22 & 23/6/20)
About CourseMCO Promotion
Chillers are a key component of air conditioning systems for large buildings. They produce cold water to remove heat from the air in the building. They also provide cooling for process loads such as file-server rooms and large medical imaging equipment.
This course is designed specifically for chiller operators and those responsible for routine chiller maintenance. Participants learn the fundamentals of basic cycles and controls, particularly stressing routine day-to-day monitoring and system analysis. This course provides important in-depth technical details useful for the
Module 1: Standard Units
– Introduction on international system of units (SI Units)
– Standard units, Metric units and their equivalent.
– Thermal comfort.
Module 2: Refrigeration Principles
– Principle of refrigeration.
– Basic component of a refrigeration system.
– Refrigerant types and characteristic.
– Refrigeration cycle.
Module 3: General Descriptions of Chillers System
– Basic of water systems.
– Water piping in chiller system
– Chiller comparison
Module 4: Air Cooled & Cooling Tower
– Introduction on air cooled & water-cooled system.
– Types of cooling tower system.
– Cooling tower life expectancy and maintenance.
Module 5: Determine Chiller Capacity
– Energy efficiency opportunities
– Life cycle for chiller.
What Will I Learn?
- Learn HVAC concepts as they apply to air conditioning, refrigeration, and chillers.
- Perform HVAC operation, preventative maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- To raise the level of chiller system knowledge and understanding for individuals responsible.
- Learn the differences & advantages/disadvantages of air conditioning & chilled water systems.
- Being able to monitor & plan preventive maintenance.